Not sure what to get basketball players for Christmas? Finding the best basketball Christmas gifts can take some digging. And we know you don’t have as much time as Santa Claus. So we rounded up a list of a few of our favorites for you. We sampled some hoopers and checked online reviews to find the freshest gear, games, and more that everyone is coveting this year. Hope this helps make your holidays merry!
Discover some of the best basketball Christmas gifts
From fun basketball card games to post-game snacks, and a tripod for recording workouts, get great ideas for holiday gifts. Find things to get hoopers for Christmas, perfect for kids, women, and men – and even some at low prices. For WNBA fans specifically, shop the best WNBA gifts here. And check out WNBA jerseys, tees, and hoodies on Fanatics.
Go big or go home, they say! You can do both with the coolest indoor basketball arcade game. This is a fun game for kids and (adult children) to challenge their friends and improve their shot, and probably the best gift a hooper can dream of. It comes with 6 basketballs and multiple modes so there’s always another challenge to tackle. Modes for basketball games include classic One on One, Beat the Clock, Around the World, Horse, and more.
- This basketball game for indoor has electronic scorers and 8 modes, plus both single-player and 2-player games.
- It’s compact and easy to put away, because it has a convenient folding design so that you can easily store it.
- The heavy-duty ramp won’t sag or rip, and the extra-high side netting helps contain shots.
- You have to assemble it with detailed instructions to make assembly easy. But there’s an option to include expert assembly to make it really easy to get playing.
Looking for a thoughtful basketball Christmas gift that won’t break the bank? Look no further. This fun Space Jam themed Uno game is perfect for basketball players to enjoy on the way to games, waiting for practice, or even with the family at home. Better yet, it features both professional NBA and WNBA athletes on the cards, as well as Looney Tunes characters. The game play is the same as classic UNO, but there’s a special rule unique to this deck – the Welcome to the Jam wild card with a very special “jump ball” rule.
- Makes a great gift for game lovers ages 7 years and older – especially fans of Space Jam!
- Great game to play every night.
- Easy to store and transport.
- Awesome low price.
- The card pack handles games for 2 to 10 players, not tons of people.
- The orange and red cards are similar in color.
Hoopers go through socks like it’s their job. So while this might seem like a practical gift, it’s probably one they’ll be very grateful for. Plus, these Nike socks are great because they’re super comfortable and soft, and long lasting. The unique design offers a supportive fit and feel thanks to an arch band, while zonal cushioning helps absorb impact as you run the court. They’re available in many colors, but we’d recommend not getting white because they get dirty so fast.
Alternatives: Looking for more hooper threads? If you know your gift receiver is a WNBA fan, check out WNBA team and player merchandise to find awesome tees, hoodies, and more. Or explore SleeperBear basketball shorts with original patterns. Legends is also very popular with men.
- They last a very long time.
- Awesome arch support and comfort.
- Lots of colors to choose from to match anyone’s favorite color.
- You’ll need to loosely know your gift-receivers foot size.
Reviews: 5/5 on 126 reviews on Nike
“Love the thickness and arch support. They are comfortable and provide good warmth on the feet. Highly recommend.”
Make it easy for them to match the super stars! Use the same basketball as the pros and get in the game. The Wilson WNBA authentic indoor/outdoor basketball is perfect for any lady hooper. And the Wilson NBA official basketball is great for every NBA fan. Or you could get the first eco-friendly women’s basketball.
Alternatives: If you’re going for more of a basketball to be admired (rather than just to be played with), check to see if there are any new drops from round21. Either way, you should also consider picking up a ball pump. You wouldn’t believe how many times we’re on the court and have someone ask if we have one!
- This is a gift they can use every day.
- Inflation retention lining creates longer lasting air retention.
- Pro-level feel and durability.
- Good grip.
- Pretty expensive for a basketball. There are very good options that are less expensive though.
Reviews: 5/5 on Dick’s Sporting Goods. One reviewer says “My daughter loves practicing with her Wilson Authentic Series indoor/outdoor in our driveway that is real rough on basketballs. It’s held up great! She has the same ball in Wilson EVO Next that she uses indoors. The Authentic ball is the next best ball that we found that give the best feeling of the game ball she uses in high school ball. She carries both of them everywhere. She has used the ball for inside court drills and it has performed great! Great value and buy! Recommend highly!”
Get a gift that will help them improve their game. This speed training ladder is great tool to improve quickness through accelerated foot strike and lift frequency. Using all sorts of creative drills, they can improve their acceleration, lateral speed and change of direction. The agility ladder comes with 12 durable plastic rungs, and the overall length is 20 feet.
- Great for any age.
- Fairly inexpensive.
- Sturdy materials on both the agility ladder and bag make it durable.
- They’ll need to look up some drills to do to have fun with this one. Here’s a fun list of ladder drills for basketball to get them started.
Give them a stunning basketball Christmas ornament they can hang on the tree each year! These hand-crafted ornaments are made using age-old traditions, and are hand-painted and hand-glittered. This unique Christmas ornament will also sit upright on a flat surface so it can also go on the mantel or a side table as the perfect addition to Christmas décor.
- High-quality and very original.
- Great size.
- They’ll only be able to use it once each year.
4.9/5 on 1,059 reviews on Google
“Quality of the ornament was fantastic and they are more beautiful in person.”
7. A tripod
Many hoopers try to film their practice sessions to watch their technique and get better. Especially if they use apps like Nike’s Home Court, which lets you capture every shot, recording your misses, makes and more. While often times hoopers can use their phones to film, there’s not an easy way to get a good angle. A tripod can help them position their phone or camera to record everything. This tripod can extend up to 75 inches tall.
- Super lightweight and versatile.
- You can mount all types of devices.
- Will need to replace the remote’s battery from time to time.
Many basketball players like to listen to music before games and during individual practice sessions. These Beats Studio buds come in soft ear tip sizes, for a stable and comfortable fit, while ensuring an optimal acoustic seal.
Alternatives: Or if you prefer good old fashioned headphones, check out the wireless Beats.
- Comes in multiple colors.
- Stays put during workouts/running and has no pressure build up.
- IPX4 water resistance rating (tested through sweat and a little rain).
- Dynamic, boomy and bass heavy sound that is perfect for intense workouts.
- Up to 8 hours of listening time seems a bit short. But there’s up to 24 hours combined with pocket-sized charging case.
- They’re a little slippery when you grab them with your hands.
- No wireless charging.
For online lessons, no matter where you’re located, enjoy online lessons from Steph Curry through MasterClass. Or you can get video lessons from the best minds in basketball from Through the Lens. In these on-demand classes, Carmelo Anthony, Candace Parker, Napheesa Collier, and more teach physicality, post play, footwork and scoring, and more. This is something they can watch on the way to games or even in bed at night.
- Get a sneak peek into the quality here.
- Watch anytime.
- Learn from experts.
- Better for more advanced players – middle school and older.
Reviews: 18K subscribers on YouTube. “Mad series, very motivational.”
Price: $14.99 per month
We’ve never met a hooper that didn’t like to eat! Pick up some fun basketball-themed candy: enjoy American-produced, Swiss-formulated chocolate using the finest bean selection and made with fresh milk.
- Approximately 80 balls so they can share with their whole team.
- US-produced in Rockaway Beach, New York.
- It’s candy! But many athletes eat candy even before games.
Lots of hoopers are also sneakerheads and will love a pair of shoes that go crazy! These Reebok Jurassic Park Pump Omni Zone II Shoes are inspired by the iconic dinosaur, the Dilophosaurus from the first Jurassic Park movie. The shoes have a nubuck upper with hits of leather. Graphics on the upper nod to the dinosaur’s markings, and the tongue details refer back to its crests.
- Awesome design
- Very comfortable
- Super original
- You need to know their shoe size
Reviews: 4.5/5 on Reebok.
“They are freakin awesome to look at and even better on feet !!! I love these kicks.”
12. Mini hoop
Improve overall body balance, and enhance hand-eye coordination! Get a fun mini hoop with an audio electronic scoring basketball board. With this hoop which includes 3 batteries, a ball pump, and 3 rubber mini-basketballs, the score will be digitally calculated and automatically displayed. It’s extremely durable and designed with Non-Toxic ABS Plastic and lightweight metal for resistance against breakage. Plus it’s easy to put up on any door because thick foam strips provide protection from scratching and reduce noise.
- Easy to install by simply hanging it over the door frame at any home or office
- You can slam dunk like a pro and it won’t break
- Just 17″ wide
How about a signed jersey, ball, or even poster from their favorite NBA or WNBA player? CollectibleXchange’s marketplace is full of authentic goods approved for listing by the athletes themselves. Explore options from Sue Bird autographed memorabilia to Carmelo Anthony gear.
- Absolutely a one of a kind gift.
- You need to know their favorite player.
- Some items are signed after purchase so can take longer.
Reviews: “100 out of 10. Got my items and they are worth every penny and absolutely beautiful.”
Price: Options under $100
From The Ultimate Basketball Trivia Book to Theresa Weatherspoon’s Basketball for Girls, find a great read for your favorite hooper. Test yourself and your friends with the trivia book! Fans of the Warriors, Storm, Lakers, the UNC Tar Heels, Duke Blue Devils, UCLA Bruins, Kentucky Wildcats, and every other great men’s and women’s pro or college team will be puzzled, challenged, and amused by these questions and answers about the NBA, NCAA, WNBA, and everything in between. You can also check out basketball coloring books and the best women’s basketball books for more ideas.
- Ships fast
- Fun to play alone or with friends
- Easy to bring to games
- Small print
Help their dribbling and their confidence sky rocket with this simple device. Improve hand positioning, stance, and speed with the ball using the Dribble Stick. It features easily adjustable arms that enable a wide variety of drills for ball control, speed with the dribble, plyometrics and agility. This pack includes a Dribble Stick, 4 dribble arms, and a drills guide.
- Easy to put together
- Helps them improve their game and feel good
- You’re making them work out!
- No replacement sticks available
Get the best basketball Christmas presents
We hope we saved you some time on your holiday shopping this year. If nothing has hit home just yet, shop even more basketball gifts for all occasions. As a bonus, if you purchase any gifts from Amazon, they send us a little tip to help keep our WNBA reporting flowing – and it doesn’t cost you any more than it always would.
Don’t let WNBA stories go untold. Would you be willing to send a $5 tip to our Venmo tip jar because it helps support our reporting? @megsterr.
Or our Paypal: