OK first things first: while this photo has absolutely nothing to do with this article, we had to show off one of Aliyah Boston’s latest styles. Aliyah’s been making her mark on the court in more than one way though: the No. 1 pick of the 2023 WNBA draft was officially named an All-Star starter. She is the eighth rookie overall to earn a starting spot, and the first since 2014. “It’s really special,” Aliyah said. “Sometimes, there’s not enough words, or words you can even say because the feeling is just unmatched. I never thought in my rookie season that I would be an All-Star, let alone an All-Star starter, just because of the amount of talented women I’m surrounded by, but it’s a great feeling.”
OK back to the deals: Amazon Prime Day – running July 11-12 – has some savings for basketball players we wanted to highlight, besides also being a great time to stock up on basics like toilet paper and paper towels. To save you some time, we pulled together a few specials to check out that you might find interesting. So shop like a pro (hooper) and save big. Just so you know, QBC will earn from any qualifying purchases because it helps keep our site going.
Explore Amazon Prime Day Basketball Deals
- Set the vibes: Improve the tone of your workouts with music when you save on Bose headphones or Apple Airpods or Beats headphones. Learn more about how music can help your basketball training.
- Put in the work: Hit the weight room anytime. Get basic dumbbells and a workout bench.
- Play at night: Perfect for those late night games, put all your teammates in matching party glow sticks.
- Watch film: Take an iPad anywhere with you. You can even record your workouts using the free Nike Homecourt app on an iPad.
- Get the gear: Save on Fabletics shorts, Under Armour shorts, or spandex shorts
- Improve your warm up: Get a weighted jump rope and watch your fitness soar. Here are a few jump rope drills you can use it for to make an impact on your hoops fitness.
- Stay cool: Crowded gyms and outdoor courts can get heated. Grab a no-stress mini-fan that’s easy to take on the go.
- Journal: Grab some markers and notebooks to be reflective and set your intentions. Learn how journaling can drive progress. Or check out our journal with helpful basketball prompts.
- Stay fueled: Pick up some handy snack bags for all those orange and apple slices.
- Look good, play good: Keep your uniform pristine and smellin’ clean with laundry detergent.
Up next, find out how guard Kelsey Mitchell – who was voted in the top 10 of guards for WNBA All-Star 2023 and is on Team Stewart – gets her buckets.